Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 111 Antworten
und wurde 9.367 mal aufgerufen
 geschlossene Threads
Seiten 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | ... 8
Wes Walz Offline

NHL-PO-TS-König03

08.05.2003 23:41
Colorado Avalanche Thread geschlossen

Al Morganti reports the following:

- Expect Patrick Roy and Peter Forsberg to return to the Colorado Avalanche next season. It's also possible the Avs might take a run at signing impending UFA winger Teemu Selanne to a one-year deal. Other clubs who might have interest in Selanne include the New Jersey Devils and Toronto Maple Leafs.

Spector's Note: I expect Forsberg to return, but talk is growing that Roy may call it a wrap. As for Selanne, it's quite possible the Avs could make a pitch for him, but don't rule out the possibility of the Mighty Ducks making inquiries. I doubt very much he goes to the Devils or Leafs. New Jersey is notoriously tight-fisted when it comes to contracts and aren't known for tossing money at pricey free agents. As for the Leafs, they'll be more interested in upgrading their blueline than in bringing in another winger.

Minnesota Wild vs Colorado Avalanche 4:3 (4:2/2:3/0:3/1:3/3:2/3:2/3:2)
Minnesota Wild vs Vancouver Canucks 3:3 (3:4/3:2/2:3/2:3/7:2/5:1)

Wild Goons - Fantasy Hockey League Champion 2002/2003

Wes Walz Offline

NHL-PO-TS-König03

08.05.2003 23:43
#2 RE:Colorado Avalanche Thread geschlossen

(May 1st)
ROY RETIREMENT ANNOUNCEMENT COMING SOON?

Spector's Note: A source out of Denver with supposedly close ties to Colorado Avalanche netminder Patrick Roy is claiming the veteran has already made up his mind to retire, and an announcement will be forthcoming in the near future. I guess we'll find out soon enough if there is any validity to this. Stay tuned...

Wes Walz Offline

NHL-PO-TS-König03

08.05.2003 23:45
#3 RE:Colorado Avalanche Thread geschlossen

(April 30th)
de VRIES A GONER?

DENVER POST: Adrian Dater reported last week that Colorado Avalanche GM Pierre Lacroix had to decide if he'd re-sign impending UFA defencemen Bryan Marchment and Greg de Vries. Regarding the latter, Dater noted de Vries had rejected a contract offer from the Avs earlier in the season, which apparently didn't sit well with Lacroix. Dater suggested the Toronto Maple Leafs might attempt to sign de Vries if he becomes an unrestricted free agent.

Spector's Note: The problem here is de Vries has rounded into a decent defenceman for the Avalanche and cutting an affordable player like him loose could hurt their blueline depth. If de Vries becomes available, he'll get lots of attention from around the league, and not just from the Maple Leafs.

Wes Walz Offline

NHL-PO-TS-König03

11.05.2003 19:23
#4 RE:Colorado Avalanche Thread geschlossen

MAY 11, 2003.

MAJOR GOALTENDING OVERHAULS IN STORE?

TORONTO GLOBE & MAIL: Eric Duhatschek reports the possible retirement of Colorado Avalanche goaltender Patrick Roy could "trigger a domino effect on the league's goaltending fraternity". Duhatschek doesn't believe Avs GM Pierre Lacroix would go next season with two untested young netminders (backup David Aebischer and prospect Phillipe Sauve) and could look for a short-term replacement via trade or the free agent market. Meanwhile, the St. Louis Blues, apparently unhappy over trade-deadline acquisition Chris Osgood's playoff performance, could also be back in the market for an upgrade. One goalie who would be available via free agency is the LA Kings Felix Potvin, but given his recent playoff record, he may not be the solution for either club.

Other teams who might seek improvement between the pipes include the Philadelphia Flyers, whom Duhatschek believes will ditch starter Roman Cechmanek after his "up-and-down" post-season performance and an inability to inspire confidence in his performance amongsts teammates and fans. Duhatschek also claims the Tampa Bay Lightning are considering a goaltending change following starter Nikolai Khabibulin's less-than-inspiring performance against the New Jersey Devils.The Vancouver Canucks may not afford a major upgrade in goal, but Dan Cloutier's shaky performance in the playoffs could have them considering a change. Finally, Duhatschek also noted dissatisifaction in Detroit with Curtis Joseph and in Calgary with Roman Turek.

Spector's Note: The Avs will definitely go goalie-shopping if Roy decides to pack it in, possibly for Felix Potvin or Jeff Hackett in the UFA pool, but most likely will attempt to pry Sean Burke away from the Phoenix Coyotes. That'll be tough, as the 'Yotes asking price will be high and the Avs don't have as many young players to shop around as they once had. The Blues tried and failed to land Burke before the trade deadline, but could try again in the off-season, although they certainly won't move Calder-nominee Barrett Jackman to do it. The Lightning won't trade Khabibulin , as you'll soon find out if you keep reading. The Flyers may not be happy with Cechmanek, but there's not much out there for them to get as a replacement, unless they make a pitch to re-acquire Burke, which seems unlikely. The Canucks finances means they'll probably stick with Cloutier. I also don't see the Red Wings ditching Joseph. The Flames would love to move Turek, but there isn't much of a market for him, given his poor play this past year.

Minnesota Wild vs Vancouver Canucks 4:3 (3:4/3:2/2:3/2:3/7:2/5:1/4:2)
Minnesota Wild vs Anaheim Mighty Ducks 0:0

bigfoot49 Offline

Titel gesucht
Co-Admin

12.05.2003 08:05
#5 RE:Colorado Avalanche Thread geschlossen

In Antwort auf:
Meanwhile, the St. Louis Blues, apparently unhappy over trade-deadline acquisition Chris Osgood's playoff performance, could also be back in the market for an upgrade. One goalie who would be available via free agency is the LA Kings Felix Potvin, but given his recent playoff record, he may not be the solution for either club.

Bah Osgood sollb leiben wo er ist, Potvin wäre ja noch ok, aber auch shcon zu alt. Dann sollen sie lieber Boucher oder so holen, wenn sie Aebischer nicht vertrauen wollen.

First member of the "DELete(tm) und Tripcke gehört weg"-Circle
"Lernen ohne zu denken ist verlorene Arbeit. Denken ohne zu lernen ist gefährlich..."
Ich kann gar nicht soviel essen wie ich kotzen kann - gegen Tempobeschränkungen auf deutschen Autobahnen! Pro !
Im Blut hat er Stickstoff und im Gehirn einen Tank voller Benzin!
Staff-Member of EH.N

bigfoot49 Offline

Titel gesucht
Co-Admin

13.05.2003 16:18
#6 RE:Colorado Avalanche Thread geschlossen

Roy's announcement due after playoffs
By Adrian Dater, Denver Post Sports Writer
If you are a Colorado Avalanche fan nervously living minute by minute, waiting for news of Patrick Roy's plans for next season, take a break.

Roy will not make any public announcement of his decision until the Stanley Cup Finals have concluded.

"My decision is 90 percent taken, but there will be no announcement until the end of the playoffs," Roy told SRC Canada television Monday night, after arriving in Quebec City, Quebec. It was Roy's first public comment on his decision since April 22, the night the Avalanche was eliminated from the playoffs.

Roy arrived in the city where he was born to attend the Memorial Cup tournament at Le Colisee Pepsi, the former home of the Quebec Nordiques. The goaltender is part owner of the Quebec Remparts of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League, who will play in the tournament that determines the champion of Canadian junior hockey.

"If I want to come back, I still have some good hockey in me, so I have no problem doing that," Roy said Monday. "I think I had a very good season for myself (in 2002-03)."

Roy, 37, is keenly interested in his team's fate at the Memorial Cup and hopes to parlay his role as part owner into a possible career as a general manager or owner in the NHL after retirement.

People close to Roy, including his former coach, Jacques Demers, have said they believe the all-time NHL wins leader will retire after 18 seasons in the league.

Remparts general manager Raymond Bolduc has one year left on his contract and has said he will retire when it is up. Roy might decide to retire this spring to closely work with Bolduc for a year to better learn the ropes of being a GM.

Roy has other business interests in Quebec City, including part ownership in an annual women's tennis tournament. In the past, Roy has hosted women's tennis star Monica Seles at his home in the city.

The Remparts will play the Kitchener Rangers of the Ontario Hockey League on Saturday at Le Colisee in a Memorial Cup game.
http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,1413,36~84~1387128,00.html

bigfoot49 Offline

Titel gesucht
Co-Admin

14.05.2003 08:46
#7 RE:Colorado Avalanche Thread geschlossen

Roy holding off career decision until after playoffs
May 13, 2003
SportsLine.com wire reports

QUEBEC -- Patrick Roy will wait until the end of the NHL playoffs before announcing whether he will retire.

Advertisement

The 37-year-old star for the Colorado Avalanche has spent 18 years in the league and is the NHL's winningest goaltender.

"My decision is 90 percent taken but there will be no announcement until the end of the playoffs," Roy told Radio-Canada television Monday night.

It was the first public comment by Roy on his future since Colorado was eliminated from the playoffs April 22.

"If I want to come back, I still have some good hockey in me, so I have no problem doing that," he said. "I think I had a very good season for myself."

The four-time Stanley Cup champion recalled advice given by former teammate Ray Bourque.

"When he retired, Raymond Bourque told me that, physically, you feel certain things," Roy told the Quebec Le Soleil newspaper. "It hasn't happened to me yet."

Roy is a co-owner of the Quebec Remparts and has returned to his home city to watch the junior hockey team play in the Memorial Cup tournament beginning Saturday.

Roy aims to take a front-office job after he ends his career. Remparts general manager Raymond Bolduc has one year left on his contract and has said he will retire when it is up.

Roy's other business interests in his home province include part ownership in an annual women's tennis tournament.

AP NEWS
The Associated Press News Service

Copyright 2003, The Associated Press, All Rights Reserved

holypalooza Offline

O.A.L. Member

14.05.2003 09:23
#8 RE:Colorado Avalanche Thread geschlossen

...kann dieser thread nicht geschlossen werden??

Interessiert doch eh keine Sau!!

Méschda Hoschbess holy ...und nichts ist wie es scheint!!

Brawls. Blood. Mayhem. Philly style. You want it - we got it!

newcoming tough enforcers: --> Leafs-Fans können hier klicken!!
Garrett Burnett HFD GP 62, G 6, A 1, P 7, Pim´s 346
Peter Vandermeer PHI GP 77, G 5, A 8, P 13, Pim´s 335
Sean McMorrow ROC GP 64, G 0, A 1, P 1, Pim´s 315
Darcy Verot SJN GP73, G 5, A 11, P 16, Pim´s 299

bigfoot49 Offline

Titel gesucht
Co-Admin

15.05.2003 11:36
#9 RE:Colorado Avalanche Thread geschlossen

Forsberg keeping quiet about his plans, too

By Rick Sadowski, Rocky Mountain News
May 14, 2003

Like Patrick Roy, center Peter Forsberg is keeping Colorado Avalanche fans guessing.

Forsberg, who is eligible for restricted free agency July 1, said last week he wouldn't decide on his future until after the World Hockey Championships, which ended Sunday. Forsberg said he first would return home to Ornskoldsvik, Sweden.

Forsberg registered four goals and five assists in eight tournament games for Sweden, which lost to Canada 3-2 in overtime on Sunday in the championship game.

Forsberg has made no secret of his wish ultimately to return to MoDo, his hometown team in the Swedish Elite League. He played for MoDo before joining the NHL with the Quebec Nordiques for the 1994-95 season.

Avalanche spokesman Jean Martineau said Tuesday he wasn't aware that any contract talks have taken place between Avalanche general manager Pierre Lacroix and Forsberg's agent, Don Baizley, since the season ended.

Baizley wasn't available for comment Tuesday. Earlier, Baizley said he expected Forsberg to "take some down time" after the World Championships to contemplate his future.

Martineau said he will be contacting Forsberg to make travel arrangements for the NHL awards show June 12 in Toronto. Forsberg is a finalist for the Hart Trophy as the league's most valuable player, and he will receive the Art Ross Trophy for leading the league in scoring with 106 points.

Roy still offering no clues on his future
By Rick Sadowski, Rocky Mountain News
May 14, 2003

Patrick Roy was on the ice Tuesday, getting ready for another big game.

As part-owner of the Quebec Remparts, the Colorado Avalanche goal-tender is helping the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League team prepare for the Memorial Cup tournament, which begins Saturday at Le Colisee Pepsi in Roy's hometown of Quebec.

The Remparts will face the Ontario Hockey League champion Kitchener Rangers in the opening game of the round-robin tournament to determine the Canadian Hockey League title. The Kelowna (British Columbia) Rockets will represent the Western Hockey League; the winner of Tuesday night's playoff game between the Halifax Mooseheads and Hull Olympiques was to be crowned QMJHL champion.

After arriving at Quebec International Airport late Monday night (but before driving away in a brand-new Hummer), Roy told local reporters he will wait until after the Stanley Cup Finals to reveal whether he'll play another season for the Avalanche or retire.

In his first public comments since April 22, when the Avalanche was eliminated by the Minnesota Wild in the first round of the playoffs, Roy also said his health isn't a concern. He has experienced hip problems in recent seasons, one of the reasons cited for why he might put away his goalie mask and pads for good.

"When Ray Bourque retired, he told me - physically - you felt certain things that tell you it's time to go. But that has not happened to me yet," Roy told the Quebec newspaper Le Soleil. "Actually, I had a very good season this year."

Roy is a good friend of Bourque, who retired in 2001 after helping the Avalanche win the Stanley Cup, and the two have kept in touch.

"He got very close with Ray Bourque," said Jacques Demers, who coached Roy in Montreal and believes the goalie will retire. "Patrick needed someone at times to settle him down a little bit. Ray Bourque was a huge influence on him. I'm sure he's discussed (his future) with Ray Bourque."

But Bourque's agent, Boston-based Steve Freyer, said the former NHL All-Star defenseman won't comment on Roy's situation.

"That's Patrick's business," Freyer said.

Roy said after the Avalanche's Game 7 loss to Minnesota he was "90 percent" certain of his plans but wanted more time to make sure he's comfortable with his decision. He repeated the statement in Quebec.

"My decision is 90 percent taken, but there will be no announcement until the end of the (Stanley Cup) playoffs," Roy told Radio-Canada television. "If I want to come back, I still have some good hockey in me, so I have no problem doing that. I want to take my time with this and make sure I make the right decision."

Roy, whose Littleton home has been for sale since January, is expected to be appointed vice president of hockey operations for the Remparts if he retires. His long- term goal is to move into upper management with an NHL team.

Roy told Le Soleil: "I haven't thought about a career change yet."

Avalanche general manager Pierre Lacroix said three weeks ago he had "no clue" what Roy intended to do and would give him as much time as he needed to decide. Since then, Lacroix and Roy and their wives spent an evening together in Las Vegas, dining at the Palm Restaurant and taking in a Celine Dion show.

Jean Martineau, vice president of communications and team services for the Avalanche, said Tuesday Lacroix wouldn't comment further until Roy makes his plans known.

"There hasn't been any change from when Pierre met the media the day after the season ended," Martineau said. "We told Patrick to take his time, and he asked us for a few weeks to decide what he wants to do and he hasn't gotten back to us. There's nothing new as far as Patrick is concerned."

If Roy were to retire, the Avalanche likely would bring in a veteran goalie to groom either backup David Aebischer or prospect Phil Sauve, who was an American Hockey League all-star with the Hershey Bears this season.

Several goalies could be available, including Boston's Jeff Hackett and Los Angeles' Felix Potvin, who are eligible for unrestricted free agency July 1.

Anaheim's Jean-Sebastien Giguere, who has been the star of the Stanley Cup playoffs, will be a restricted free agent July 1, along with Dallas' Marty Turco and St. Louis' Chris Osgood. Those players' teams could match any offer tendered by another club.

Philadelphia general manager Bob Clarke said Monday he would trade or release Roman Cechmanek, who was erratic in the Flyers' second-round playoff loss to Ottawa. Cechmanek has two years remaining on his contract, for $3 million and $3.5 million.

Other goalies who might be available are Buffalo's Martin Biron, Phoenix's Sean Burke and Tampa Bay's Nikolai Khabibulin.
http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/avalanche/article/0,1299,DRMN_39_1959393,00.html

Wes Walz Offline

NHL-PO-TS-König03

01.06.2003 15:12
#10 RE:Colorado Avalanche Thread geschlossen

WHO WILL THE AVS FIND TO REPLACE PATRICK ROY?

DENVER POST: Terry Frei reports Avalanche prospect Phillippe Sauve, the son of Patrick Roy's agent Bob Sauve, was being considered a potential candidate to replace the retired Roy, but GM Pierre Lacroix apparently wants Sauve to receive more playing time in the AHL. Frei claims Lacroix "will explore" looking for Roy's replacement outside the organization and stated the GM had been "been inquiring about possible trades for veteran goaltenders for weeks." Frei reports the club's "safest bet" would be to start next season with current backup David Aebischer and Sauve, but noted "Buffalo's Martin Biron, Phoenix's Sean Burke, plus Tampa Bay's Nikolai Khabibulin and John Grahame" are among those who could enter the goaltending picture in Denver. He believes Lacroix will bide his time next season and see how things develop.

ESPN.COM: Al Morganti also suggested the Avs could try Aebischer as their starter, as well as give consideration to dealing for Biron, Burke or Khabibulin. Morganti suggests another option could be Roman Cechmanek, who's post-season numbers are weak in comparison to his strong regular season stats. However, Morganti suggests Cechmanek might be able to "elevate his game" playing for an elite team like Colorado.

ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH: Jeff Gordon also noted the Avs might look at obtaining Burke, Cechmanek, Khabibulin or Biron. He also suggested Lacroix trade for Montreal's Jose Theodore, who wilted last season under the pressure of duplicating his '01-'02 Hart-Vezina-Crozier winning season. He also suggested trading for Washington's Olaf Kolzig, citing Kolzig's salary would be easier to move than Jaromir Jagr's and stated that, if Kolzig were French-Canadien, he'd be Lacroix's "first choice". Gordon also suggested trading for Phoenix's Brian Boucher, as well as pursuing potential free agent goalies such as Felix Potvin, Jeff Hackett and Chris Osgood.

MSG NETWORK: Stan Fischler expects the Avs to pursue Potvin, rather than give Aebischer the reins as their starter.

Spector's Note: According to Lacroix at Roy's retirement press conference, Aebischer will be given the starter's role as Roy's replacement when the season begins. Probably a good idea since teams will ask the moon in the off-season if he went shopping for a veteran now. Still, it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to sign one of the UFAs who may be available and have them split the duties with Aebischer. As for those suggested trades, the Canadiens won't part with Theodore, as they feel confident he'll bounce back next season. The Caps won't move Kolzig, nor will the Lightning trade Khabibulin in the off-season. If Grahame should out-perform him next season, they might consider it, but like the Habs with Theodore, the Bolts are confident in the 'Bulin Wall. Burke would certainly interest them if the Coyotes opt to move him for salary-clearing purposes, but they probably won't have much interest in Boucher. Cechmanek would be an intriguing possibility, but the Avs don't have as much young talent in their system as they once had when they were swinging major deals in the past, and I get the sense Lacroix would probably like to re-stock his farm system.

MINNESOTA WILD - WESTERN CONFERENCE FINALIST 2002/2003

Wes Walz Offline

NHL-PO-TS-König03

01.06.2003 15:13
#11 RE:Colorado Avalanche Thread geschlossen

COULD THE FLYERS OR AVS SEND AN OFFER SHEET TO GIGUERE?

ESPN.COM: In offering up potential replacement starting goaltender for the Colorado Avalanche (retirement of Patrick Roy) and the Philadelphia Flyers (trading Roman Cechmanek to LA), Al Morganti wondered if either club would send an unmatchable offer sheet to Group II free agent goaltender JS Giguere of the Anaheim Mighty Ducks.

Spector's Note: Anything's possible, particularly with this being, as Morganti points out, the final year of the currect collective bargaining agreement. However, given that the last offer sheet to a Group II free agent was Detroit's Sergei Fedorov in 1998 by the Carolina Hurricanes, I doubt very much we'll see such an offer made to Giguere.

MINNESOTA WILD - WESTERN CONFERENCE FINALIST 2002/2003

bigfoot49 Offline

Titel gesucht
Co-Admin

24.06.2003 10:13
#12 RE:Colorado Avalanche Thread geschlossen

Es wird mal wieder gemunkelt das die Avs Chris Drury zurückholen. U.a. weil den Flames die 4 Mio wohl zu viel sein werden... Jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Außerdem soll immer öfter der Name Fernandez als Goalie fallen...

Mr.Met Offline

NHL-Legende

24.06.2003 10:21
#13 RE:Colorado Avalanche Thread geschlossen

Fernandez als Starting Goalie??? Why not

Könnten ja ca 60 - 22 Spiele aufteilen oder so, damit Aeby auch zu seinen Spielen kommt

Drury zurück - das wäre sehr geiiiil!
Gruß Met

C R E A T I V E S U P P O R T E R S C R E Whttp://www.overtime-board.de/
NY METS W - 33 L - 38 5th NL East
von LOTB am 20.06.03 :sooo wichtig is das board dann doch nicht.

LB9 Offline

Harry Potter

24.06.2003 14:31
#14 RE:Colorado Avalanche Thread geschlossen

de VRIES HEADED TO FREE AGENCY.

ROCKY MOUNTAIN NEWS: Rick Sadowski reports Colorado Avalanche defenceman Greg de Vries will test the UFA market this summer. Sadowski quotes a source "familiar with de Vries' contract situation" saying the veteran was "gone". Neither the defenceman's agent nor Avalanche GM Pierre Lacroix commented on this.

Spector's Note: My thanks to "Mike in Vancouver". No surprise here, as it's been suspected for months de Vries was heading for free agency after he rejected a contract offer from the Avs last fall. Expect the Maple Leafs, Stars, Flyers and Rangers to have some interest, and don't rule out the Lightning, who may have some available cash if they cannot come to terms with either Vaclav Prospal or Dave Andreychuk.

Gruss
Alper

Chris Drury Offline

Der Getradete

25.06.2003 09:24
#15 RE:Colorado Avalanche Thread geschlossen

VOTING FOR:

In Antwort auf:
Es wird mal wieder gemunkelt das die Avs Chris Drury zurückholen.

DANN KANN MEIN "UNTERTITEL" WIEDER WEG ... !!!

# 18 .... !!!!

Seiten 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | ... 8
 Sprung  

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz