Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 1 Antworten
und wurde 183 mal aufgerufen
 NHL & Minor Leagues
Wes Walz Offline

NHL-PO-TS-König03

05.02.2002 18:19
Der Beezer ist zurück! Antworten
Vanbiesbrouck ends retirement to play for Devils

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ESPN.com

WEST ORANGE, N.J. -- Goaltender John Vanbiesbrouck agreed to terms with New Jersey Devils on Monday, ending a short retirement and giving the team a much-needed veteran backup for Martin Brodeur.

Vanbiesbrouck worked out with goaltender coach Jacques Caron after the Devils finished practice on Monday at South Mountain Arena.

Vanbiesbrouck, 38, probably won't sign a contract with the Devils until after the NHL break for the Olympics is over, which would be the final week of February.

The contract is worth $500,000, reports ESPN's Darren Pang.

General manager Lou Lamoriello spoke with Vanbiesbrouck about coming out of retirement last Tuesday, the day after the Devils fired coach Larry Robinson and hired Kevin Constantine.

"Lou was very forthcoming on the importance I could have and the support I could give the team," Vanbiesbrouck said. "He made me feel wanted."

Vanbiesbrouck decided Sunday to accept the Devils offer.

"There is no question he can still play," Lamoriello said. "Sometimes, time away helps. I have no reservations about this."

Brodeur will continue to see the majority of action in the five games before the break, backed up by 22-year-old Jean-Francoise Damphousse.

Brodeur has started in 49 of the Devils' 53 games, posting a 22-20-7 record with a 2.33 goals against average and a .902 save percentage.

"He seems real excited about the opportunity to be here," Brodeur said of Vanbiesbrouck. "He is a gentleman and very well respected among the players. He is a great team guy."

Damphousse is 1-3 in six games with a 2.45 GAA.

"I'm a little sad but not frustrated," said Damphousse. "I think I did a decent job."

Vanbiesbrouck was acquired by the Devils late in the 2000-2001 season in a trade with the New York Islanders. He was 4-0 with a 1.50 GAA and a .935 save percentage.

Vanbiesbrouck retired after the Devils lost Game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals to the Colorado Avalanche.

---------------------------------------------------------
Minnesota Wild 54 GP - 17 W - 9 T - 23 L - 5 OTL- 48 P
(8.Vancouver 55 GP/57 P [9 Punkte vor Minnesota])
Wes Walz 46 GP - 9 G - 11 A - 20 P - 33 PIM
Jeremy Roenick 54 GP - 17 G - 37 A - 54 P - 46 PIM

bigfoot49 Offline

Titel gesucht
Co-Admin

05.02.2002 21:56
#2 RE:Der Beezer ist zurück! Antworten
Vanbiesbrouck ist zurück
(05.02.2002)

Der ehemalige Gewinner der Vezina Trophy, John Vanbiesbrouck beendet seinen kurzen Ruhestand und hat sich mit den New Jersey Devils auf einen neuen Vertrag geeinigt. Der 38-jährige Torwart hatte letztes Jahr unmittelbar nach der Niederlage im siebten Spiel des Stanley Cup Finales seinen Rücktritt vom aktiven Sport bekannt gegeben und wird nun als Ersatztorhüter hinter der gesetzten Nummer 1 Martin Brodeur zurückkehren. Vanbiesbrouck wird nach der Olympiapause von den Devils offiziell verpflichtet und geht damit in seine 20. NHL-Saison.

Der in Detroit geborene US-Amerikaner hatte seine Karriere 1981-82 bei den New York Rangers begonnen und wurde dort in der Saison 1985-86 die Nummer 1. Im selben Jahr gewann er die Vezina Trophy als der beste Torhüter der NHL. Nach 10 Jahren bei den Rangers war 'The Beezer', wie er genannt wird, fünf Spielzeiten in Florida aktiv, mit denen er 1996 bis ins Stanley Cup Finale vordrang. Es folgten noch die Stationen Philadelphia, New York Islanders und eben New Jersey.

Vanbiesbrouck holte bisher 372 Siege bei einem Gegentrefferschnitt von 2,98 pro Spiel in 877 NHL-Partien.

http://www.eishockey.com/berichte/news/njd020205.htm

cheers Stefan
RWE wurde für die Regionalliga gerettet! - wer rettet die Moskitos für die DELete(TM)-Liga?

04.01.02 »»
 Sprung  

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz