Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 2 Antworten
und wurde 182 mal aufgerufen
 NHL & Minor Leagues
HCZ#20 Offline

Forums-Hobbit

14.03.2003 12:01
John LeClair wieder da/Amonte-Debut (engl). Antworten

New Guys Look Impressive
Amonte and LeClair lead Flyers to 5-3 win
By Brian Marks, philadelphiaflyers.com
Yo, Philly, this guy is one of us. Desperately seeking an intense hockey environment, Tony Amonte could not have come to a better atmosphere. After the sniper pumped home a third-period goal, he looked into the crowd, both arms raised, signaling his arrival and reveling in hardcore hockey. The Flyers’ 5-3 victory at the First Union Center Thursday night against the Carolina Hurricanes iced the cake.

“I’m thrilled to be here,” Amonte said. “You feel the pride when you come into this dressing room. The guys made me comfortable as soon as I came in the room. Bob Clarke has made me feel comfortable. This is great.”

Does it get any better than that? You better believe it. John LeClair played his first game in 48 games and also punched home his first goal since November 21.

LeClair’s presence was felt on the ice from the moment he stepped onto it just over three and a half minutes into the opening period, when he got a thunderous standing ovation.

“That was awesome. That was one of the nicest moments I’ve had as a Flyer. I’m very appreciate of that,” LeClair said. “I was pretty nervous before the game today, but once you get out there and get into the game, it’s forgotten.”

It sure was. The result afterward was a fired up Flyers dressing room.

“There is an excitement level based on what could happen,” Head Coach Ken Hitchcock said. “Management has given us a heck of an opportunity. They have gone out of their way to allow us to realize our dream. We are working towards it. We had a plan and we had to fit the pieces in. Clarkie did a great job finding them.”

“It was so much fun watching John out there and watching Tony fly around on that ice,” Jeremy Roenick said. “It was as comfortable I’ve been in a game in a long time.”

“You guys follow us enough to know that’s as good as we have looked offensively all year,” Keith Primeau said to reporters. “We had great energy offensively tonight.”

With the Flyers holding down a 3-2 lead past the midway point of the third period, Amonte, who led the team with five shots on the night, became the sixth player to score a goal in his first game as a Flyer this season.

The winger caught Eric Desjardins centering pass coming across the slot, double-clutched and fired it home, beating Hurricanes goalie Patrick DesRochers, stick side, for the 4-2 lead at 11:50, his 14th goal of the year.

“I could barely sleep this afternoon or last night,” Amonte said. “It was a fun game, it was very emotional.”

LeClair was strong on the puck all evening, holding off the defense and creating space for his teammates. He gave the Flyers an early 2-1 lead in the second period while on the man advantage with that classic, bruising style.

With 22 seconds left on the power play, LeClair held off Hurricanes defenseman Aaron Ward below the net and got the puck to Michal Handzus at the left post. The center couldn’t put it home, but DesRochers had been on the ice attempting to make the save. The puck dribbled near the back boards, where LeClair quickly retrieved it, wheeled around the net and shoved it into the empty right side for his 12th goal of the year. With the goal, LeClair pumped his arm hard through the air in celebration.

“I was just letting [Strength and Conditioning Coach] Jimmy McCrossin and the doc know I’m fine,” LeClair said of his elation. “I was excited. I was excited to play and to be able to contribute.”

“He’s a premier player in the game,” Roenick said. “He’s one of the best power forwards in the game. He knows his game very well and he knows where his strengths are. He used it to his benefit tonight.”

“I chatted with him right before the game and he said he couldn’t remember the last time he was this nervous,” Primeau said. “He has worked very hard to get back and he looked great out there.”

Primeau broke a 2-2 tie to open the third period. Just 59 seconds in, the Flyers captain picked up a strong Amonte rebound at the right post and snuck it past DesRochers for his 17th goal of the year.

Amonte’s goal at 11:50 turned out to be the game-winner when Radim Vrbata scored on a Carolina power play at 12:58 to make it a one-goal game before Dmitry Yushkevich punched in a long rebound of an Eric Weinrich shot for the 5-3 final.

“This time of year, you have to pull together quickly,” Hitchcock said. “I explained to the players, we have to find ways to do very difficult tasks and enjoy them. That is our biggest challenge.”

The players insist they will not let this be a one-game show.

“We have to continue to get better,” Roenick said. “It was a good start.”

With New Jersey’s 4-3 loss at Boston on Thursday, the Flyers moved within two points of the Atlantic Division lead with both teams having 13 games remaining. The teams meet this coming Monday in New Jersey. This is going to be interesting.

Notes: The Flyers return to the rink Saturday afternoon in Pittsburgh against the Penguins. Game time is 3:00 p.m. Yushkevich’s goal was his first as a Flyer since 1995…The Flyers outshot the Hurricanes, 37 to 15…Hitchcock on LeClair: “All I want him to do is come to the rink tomorrow and say, ‘I feel good, I’m going to practice and play in the next game.’”
Thursday, March 13, 2003

Die Hoffnung stirbt zwar zuletzt - aber sie stirbt auch!

holypalooza Offline

O.A.L. Member

14.03.2003 12:02
#2 RE:John LeClair wieder da/Amonte-Debut (engl). Antworten

...zwei dumme ein Gendanke!!! Ich habs grad im News-thread gepostet!!

Méschda Hoschbess holy ...und nichts ist wie es scheint!!

If you dropped the gloves in the office over an injustice and bloodied your boss, you'd get slapped with a lawsuit and five years in the tank. Drop the gloves in hockey and you get five minutes.

Brawls. Blood. Mayhem. Philly style. You want it … we got it!

The hockey brawl is raw entertainment. No Hollywood crap.

HCZ#20 Offline

Forums-Hobbit

14.03.2003 12:04
#3 RE:John LeClair wieder da/Amonte-Debut (engl). Antworten

Neee, oder!?

Egal, sowas gutes kann man net oft genug lesen!

Die Hoffnung stirbt zwar zuletzt - aber sie stirbt auch!

Sprung  

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz