Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 9 Antworten
und wurde 327 mal aufgerufen
 NHL & Minor Leagues
Brett Favre Offline

Goalie 5. Reihe

04.07.2002 12:44
Cujo nach Detroit - Belfour zu Toronto Antworten
Moin,

hab heute in der Zeitung gelesen, dass Cujo von Toronto nach Detroit geht und Ed Belfour von Dallas nach Toronto. Weiss da einer was ?

Gruß
Brett

C-Gam Offline

Master of CereMONI 5. Reihe
Suche & Biete Mod

04.07.2002 12:45
#2 RE:Cujo nach Detroit - Belfour zu Toronto Antworten
Guckst Du hier !! : http://217.13.197.61/board/topic.php?board=2003593&id=190284&forum=14409&seite=1&threaded=0

C-Gam
------------------------------------------------------
@CereMONI Ya tyebya lyublyu

http://www.areaxbox.de

mick Offline

Alteuropäer

04.07.2002 12:47
#3 RE:Cujo nach Detroit - Belfour zu Toronto Antworten
kann dir leider nur mit hiermit dienen:
Curtis Joseph holds his one year old son Luke following the July 2,
2002 announcement of his signing a $24 million, three-year contract as
goaltender for the Detroit Red Wings at Joe Louis Arena in Detroit.
Joseph said it was a difficult decision to move from Toronto and leave
the Maple Leafs. REUTERS
gruß, mick

Brett Favre Offline

Goalie 5. Reihe

04.07.2002 12:47
#4 RE:Cujo nach Detroit - Belfour zu Toronto Antworten
sorry...

Gruß
Brett

Brett Favre Offline

Goalie 5. Reihe

04.07.2002 12:48
#5 RE:Cujo nach Detroit - Belfour zu Toronto Antworten
hab auch noch was gefunden...

Chance at Stanley Cup lures Cujo to Detroit

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Associated Press

DETROIT -- The Detroit Red Wings again are relying on the formula that led them to the Stanley Cup -- bring in an aging, high-priced, superstar goalie to try to win another title.

This time, it's Curtis Joseph.

The Red Wings signed Joseph to a $24 million, three-year contract to replace Dominik Hasek, who retired last week after leading Detroit to its third Cup in six seasons.

"With the loss of Dominik Hasek last week, Curtis was our No. 1 priority,'' general manager Ken Holland said Tuesday. "We're thrilled to bring Curtis to Detroit. ... We think he's an absolute perfect fit for our hockey club.''

Joseph said it was a difficult decision to move.

"I'm excited about the Red Wings' organization. Obviously we all saw what transpired not too long ago,'' Joseph said. "Everybody knows Detroit's a great team, they're used to winning, and the future is now.''

At a news conference in Toronto before leaving for Detroit, Joseph was overcome with emotion and discussed how difficult it was leave the Maple Leafs -- but that the lure of hockey's top team prize was too strong to resist.

"Probably a year ago I couldn't have seen myself playing anywhere else,'' he said. "Detroit offers a very unique opportunity. Everybody who plays there says the future is now. That was enticing. ...

"There's no guarantee's that I'll go to Detroit and win a Stanley Cup. But I'd like to take that opportunity.''

Joseph, with his daughter on his lap and his family around him, said there were "a lot of sleepless nights'' in deciding his future.

He said money was not the biggest consideration in leaving Toronto, and added he wants the chance to win a Stanley Cup with the Red Wings.

"This was an offer that was tough to refuse. It's a great team that just won the Stanley Cup,'' Joseph said at a news conference in Detroit. "Every year, you see the big Cup being raised, and if you're not on the ice, you're dreaming about it.''

"It became abundantly clear Curtis would receive more money from Toronto and more money from other clubs,'' agent Don Meehan said. "But it doesn't take long for players to know what Detroit is all about.

"The reputation and the presence of the Detroit Red Wings is a special one.''

Joseph compiled a 133-88-27 record and a 2.42 goals-against average in four seasons with Toronto. He earned $6.57 million last season, which was the last of a four-year, $24 million deal.

Joseph broke his hand last season but went 29-17-5 with a career-best 2.23 GAA and a .906 save percentage in 51 games. He had a 2.30 GAA and a .914 save percentage in 20 playoff games. The Leafs were eliminated in the Eastern Conference championship series by Carolina.

"I guess the bottom line ... at 22 years old, when I came into the league, if you told me I was 35 and I hadn't won a Stanley Cup, and you are able to go where the odds may be 3 to 1 or 2 to 1, I'll take it,'' Joseph said.

Joseph became an unrestricted free agent after failing to reach a deal Sunday with the Maple Leafs, who then traded his rights to Calgary for a 2004 eighth-round draft pick.

Calgary had the rights for about two hours Sunday before the goalie became a free agent.

"He's similar to Dom in the way he can make that save when you think the other team can score,'' Red Wings defenseman Nicklas Lidstrom said. "His reactions are so fast, especially on the shots in close. I think he's really capable of playing good with a good team.''

"I think maybe in Toronto, he and (captain Mats) Sundin were the two big players with all the focus on them.'' said Lidstrom, who won the Conn Smythe trophy as playoff MVP and the Norris Trophy as the league's top defenseman. "With us, he'll have other guys to take the pressure off him.''

Joseph lost the starting job as Team Canada's goalie at the Salt Lake Olympics after a 5-2 loss to Sweden in the opener.

But he finished the NHL season on a positive note, winning Game 5 of the Eastern Conference final in Carolina with a sensational shutout and playing well in a 3-2 overtime loss in Game 6.

Joseph, who also has played with St. Louis and Edmonton, is 346-260-81 during his 13-year NHL career.

Gruß
Brett

Brett Favre Offline

Goalie 5. Reihe

04.07.2002 12:49
#6 RE:Cujo nach Detroit - Belfour zu Toronto Antworten
und nochwas zu belfour...

Belfour joins Leafs with high expectations

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Associated Press

TORONTO -- The Toronto Maple Leafs hope Ed Belfour responds next season the same way he did the last time he jumped to a new team.

Belfour left Dallas to sign a two-year, $13.5-million contract with the Leafs, replacing Curtis Joseph, another unrestricted free agent who signed Tuesday with Detroit.

Belfour pulled on a No. 20 Maple Leaf jersey at a news conference Wednesday and said his goal was to bring the Stanley Cup home to Toronto.

"As a young Canadian boy, it's always a dream to play for your country, to play for a team from Canada,'' said the 37-year-old Belfour, a native of Carman, Manitoba.

"The Toronto Maple Leafs definitely have always been one of my favorite teams growing up in Canada, and with the tradition that's part of the Maple Leaf organization, it's my goal to help this team achieve the ultimate goal and to bring a Stanley Cup here.''

Five years ago, Belfour signed with Dallas when he became a free agent after going 14-24-6 with Chicago and San Jose in the worst season of his NHL goaltending career. He bounced back with a 37-12-10 campaign, and followed that by helping the Stars win the Stanley Cup the next season.

Last season, Belfour was a disappointing 21-27-11 with an .895 save percentage with the Stars, 29th among No. 1 goalies in the 30-team NHL.

Asked if he can or will play better than last year, Belfour simply replied, "Yes.''

He cited change in the Dallas organization as one of the reasons for his sub par season. The Stars chose not to re-sign Belfour, opting to go with Marty Turco.

Belfour won Vezina Trophies in '91 and '93 and won the Stanley Cup with Dallas.

"He loves to win, and we are happy he is with us,'' club president Ken Dryden said.

General Manager and coach Pat Quinn is on vacation and did not attend the news conference.

When the topic of Belfour's reputation as being high maintenance and difficult came up, he said it was "a little bit over-talked about.''

"If I'm high maintenance, it's because I want to win, and I do whatever it takes to win, and sometimes maybe I ask a lot of the people around me to help me win,'' Belfour said. "I don't like lazy people around me, and if someone's like that, I'll let them know.''

Belfour said he was sometimes misunderstood and a little reserved with the media, but he pledged total effort for the Leafs.

"All I can say is Ed Belfour's going to give 110 percent to the organization and to the fans, to try and make this team a much better team and to help them win the Stanley Cup,'' Belfour said.

Gruß
Brett

Madden Offline

Forums-Organizer

04.07.2002 14:36
#7 RE:Cujo nach Detroit - Belfour zu Toronto Antworten
CuJo wird Nachfolger von Dominik Hasek

Detroit, 3.Juli 2002

Nach dem Rücktritt von Dominik Hasek sind die Detroit Red Wings schneller fündig geworden als erwartet. Mit dem 35-jährigen Curtis Joseph sicherte sich der Stanley Cup Sieger eine der definitiv besten Alternativen zur tschechichen Torwart-Legende. Obwohl die Rechte an dem kanadischen Olympiasieger in den letzten Tagen zu den Calgary Flames wechselten, galt es für die Toronto Maple Leafs nach Ersatz für "CuJo" zu suchen und man wurde mit enfant terrible Ed Belfour ebenfalls schnell einig. Ähnlich wie im Fall Joseph, wurden auch die Rechte des 37-jährigen aufgrund des free agent Status in den vergangenen Tagen von Dallas nach Nashville verscherbelt, aber der Goalie spielte bekanntlich von 1997 bis 2002 im Trikot der Dallas Stars, mit denen er 1999 Stanley-Cup Sieger wurde. Die Texaner, bei denen nun wohl Marty Turco verdientermaßen erster Torhüter wird, verstärkten ihre Defensive mit Verteidiger Philippe Boucher von den Los Angeles Kings. Zwei weitere interessante Trades gingen über die Bühne, so wechselte Stanley-Cup Finalist Martin Gelinas von den Carolina Hurricanes zu den Calgary Flames und Blueliner Darius Kasparaitis verkörpert mit seinem Wechsel von der Colorado Avalanche nach New York die neuen Tugenden der Rangers, die offensichtlich mit körperbetontem Spiel endlich wieder in die Play-offs einziehen wollen.

EINMAL LÖWE, IMMER LÖWE!!!

http://www.sg-wolf-aulendiebach.de
BEZIRKSLIGA-AUFSTEIGER 2001/2002

StuPitt Offline

NHL-Rookie

05.07.2002 03:48
#8 RE:Cujo nach Detroit - Belfour zu Toronto Antworten
Glückwunsch an Detroit!!

Jetzt haben sie auch in der nächsten Saison einen absoluten Top-Mann zwischen den Pfosten stehen.

Wie war das eigentlich nochma mit dem Gerücht das Belfour nach Deutschland wechselt

Stu Grimson Offline

Juniorenspieler

09.09.2002 20:13
#9 RE:Cujo nach Detroit - Belfour zu Toronto Antworten

Cujos neue Helmbemalung sieht nicht schlecht aus, hat Klasse.
Gespannt bin ich aber auch auf den Helm von The Eagle.
----------------------------------------

"Es interessiert mich nicht, ob ich ein blaues Auge oder eine gebrochene Nase bekomme. Ich bin eh schon hässlich."

- Chicagos LW Kyle Calder

holypalooza Offline

O.A.L. Member

09.09.2002 21:51
#10 RE:Cujo nach Detroit - Belfour zu Toronto Antworten
In Antwort auf:
und Blueliner Darius Kasparaitis verkörpert mit seinem Wechsel von der Colorado Avalanche nach New York die neuen Tugenden der Rangers, die offensichtlich mit körperbetontem Spiel endlich wieder in die Play-offs einziehen wollen
...noch körperbetonter??

holypalooza ...und nichts ist wie es scheint!!

...visit: http://www.broadstreetbully.com ; Donald Brashear herrscht !!

Sprung  

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz