Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 1 Antworten
und wurde 157 mal aufgerufen
 NHL & Minor Leagues
Probie Offline

NHL-Legende

23.12.2002 21:48
Roenick strikes back Antworten

Roenick unapologetic for hard-hitting style
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ESPN.com news services

After serving a two-game suspension for knocking Dallas center Mike Modano into the boards last week, Flyers center Jeremy Roenick returns to Philadelphia's lineup tonight against the red-hot Ottawa Senators.

Roenick was suspended for knocking Modano head-first into the boards in the first period of Tuesday's 2-2 tie with the Stars. And the criticism he has been getting while sitting out hasn't left him rethinking his style of play, either.

"They can kiss my (behind) all they want. I could care less," Roenick told the Philadelphia Inquirer on Sunday. "I've played this game 15 years and been suspended twice now. People call me dirty, call me cheap. I play the game hard.

"If they don't like hard players or a league of tough players, go watch Ping-Pong or badminton. This is a man's game. I'm not going to stop hitting."

Roenick said people -- especially the Senators -- will know tonight that he's back on the ice.

"I am going to hit someone hard," he told the Inquirer. "I will hit him clean and legal like I've done for over 1,000 games in this league."

"I am going to come at people even harder just to spite everybody" who has served up criticism, Roenick said.

Roenick has apologized to Modano, who turned into the glass on a play along the boards, instead of turning up the ice, when Roenick hit him. Modano was placed on injured reserve Friday because he showed signs of post-concussion syndrome. His return to the Stars is undetermined.

"The club wanted to err on the side of caution," Stars spokesman Rob Scichili said.

Roenick told the Inquirer the NHL's justice system is skewed, citing the Flyers' Todd Fedoruk being hit from behind by Mike Fisher in Saturday's 3-1 loss to Ottawa. Fedoruk suffered a concussion and needed 40 stitches to close a cut on his head.

No penalty was called.

"I think the league dropped the ball on another one. I lose $83,000 for hitting Modano from behind, and I accept it," Roenick told the newspaper, referring to the income lost as a result of his suspension. "Fisher does the same thing and gets no penalty. That shows how screwed up everything is in this ... league sometimes."

"The game is like touch football," he added. "Guys are afraid to go out and hit somebody or get hurt, or make a hit and get a penalty. You just don't know what to do out there. What's right with this game and what's wrong? It's a big problem."

Roenick is tied with injured left wing John LeClair for the team lead with 11 goals. The Flyers had a five-game unbeaten streak (4-0-1) snapped with Saturday's loss to the Senators. The loss was just Philadelphia's third in its last 10.

-------------------------------------------
"We drink all their beer, win the game, beat them up and no one go to jail. Good times, eh?"
Flyers defenseman Andre “Moose” Dupont, describing a typical 70’s road trip

holypalooza Offline

O.A.L. Member

24.12.2002 11:29
#2 RE:Roenick strikes back Antworten

In Antwort auf:
Guys are afraid to go out and hit somebody or get hurt, or make a hit and get a penalty. You just don't know what to do out there. What's right with this game and what's wrong? It's a big problem."

...schlimm, schlimm, jetzt ist es nicht nur beiuns in D so, sondern auch noch in der NHL!!! So macht man den Sport regelrecht kaputt!!

So far, holy!!

Méschda Hoschbess holy ...und nichts ist wie es scheint!!

If you dropped the gloves in the office over an injustice and bloodied your boss, you'd get slapped with a lawsuit and five years in the tank. Drop the gloves in hockey and you get five minutes.

<<<<<<<<<<<...visit: broadstreetbully´s or the flyer´s seats or flyers.com>>>>>>>>>>>>

Sprung  

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz