Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 6 Antworten
und wurde 410 mal aufgerufen
 NHL & Minor Leagues
Doc Shaijtan Offline

Left Wing 5. Reihe

13.10.2003 10:38
Gaborik und der Realitätsverlust...(ob es schon schmerzt ?) Antworten

Offer still well short of demands

Associated Press
MINNEAPOLIS -- The Minnesota Wild have offered Marian Gaborik a three-year, $9.5 million contract -- the second-richest deal ever presented to an NHL player coming out of his entry-level contract.

Those numbers are the first officially released by the team, whose policy prohibits such disclosure in contract negotiations.

However, Wild General Manager Doug Risebrough and assistant GM Tom Lynn said they pulled reporters from the St. Paul Pioneer Press and Star Tribune together to discuss the deal to quash rumors and misconceptions about the negotiations.

The salary would be supplemented by performance-based incentives of up to $1.75 million per season, Lynn said.

Only Paul Kariya, in 1996, received a better offer.

Risebrough said Gaborik's agent, Allan Walsh, said Gaborik would take nothing less than $6.5 million a year on a three-year contract.

"When I tell you the $6.5 (million) number, we still haven't heard what he's thinking of in terms of bonuses," Risebrough said.

At first, Walsh denied that; but then confirmed that the offer was $5 million for the first year, $7 million the second and $7.5 million the third -- or an average of $6.5 million per year.

Asked if Gaborik, 21, will play this season if the Wild's offer is indeed final, Walsh said, "Not this year."

Walsh said he was upset that the Wild went public with figures from the negotiations.

"The comments made (Saturday) do not bring the parties closer together. They push them farther apart," he said.

Walsh said the Wild made between $12 million and $14 million in unexpected playoff money last season, when Minnesota advanced to the Western Conference finals.

"Marian Gaborik emerged as a franchise player. ... It's unlikely the team would have gone as far as it did minus his 17 (playoff) points."

Risebrough said he decided to go public to quash rumors and clear up misconceptions about the negotiations.

The Sept. 10 offer to Gaborik was Minnesota's second; the first came at the NHL draft in June.

Each of his first three seasons, Gaborik received $1.075 million in guaranteed salary. He pocketed $350,000 in incentives in 2000-01, $3.3 million in 01-02 and $3.4 million in 02-03.

Incentives in the Wild's Sept. 10 offer would kick in if Gaborik scored 40 goals or compiled 80 assists. Either threshold would earn him $250,000, Lynn said. Successive performance plateaus would bring Gaborik more money, capped at $1.75 million. He would have to score 60 goals or record 110 points to hit his maximum incentive amount.

Gaborik, Minnesota's first-ever All-Star last season with 30 goals and 35 assists, played this fall for Dukla Trencin, a team in his home country of Slovakia.

Hat Gaborik als einer der wenigen Spieler immer noch nicht verstanden, dass die Gehälter momentan nicht mehr so stark wachsen ? Bin mal gespannt, wie das Gepoker weitergeht.
Allan Walsh ist auf jeden Fall einer der grössten hurensohngesichtigen Player Agents der ganzen fucking Liga...

If you can't beat em, at least beat'em up !
Norrie/Rich/Tasker/Verbeek/Lakos - Toledo Storm Fighting Brigade 2001

"We are team tough, and that includes our fans."- Toledo Storm GM Pat Pylypuik
"Toledo is nothing but a bunch of goons who would even mug the pope if he had skates on !" - Ein Dayton Bombers Fan

Ben Larry Offline

Trash Talker

13.10.2003 10:52
#2 RE:Gaborik und der Realitätsverlust...(ob es schon schmerzt ?) Antworten

In Antwort auf:
Allan Walsh ist auf jeden Fall einer der grössten hurensohngesichtigen Player Agents der ganzen fucking Liga...

Einfach gelungene Worte
____________________________________________________________________________________
THREAD INTERESSANT = LESEN, KOMMENTIEREN ; THREAD NETT INTERESSANT = NETT LESEN, NETT KOMMENTIEREN.
Helden leben lange, Legenden sterben nie.

UUUUUUIIIIIIII Offline

Häusle Bauer

13.10.2003 10:53
#3 RE:Gaborik und der Realitätsverlust...(ob es schon schmerzt ?) Antworten

das ist doch "nur" die mache von seinem manager...der sagt dem gaborik" hey...da schlag ich viel mehr raus" oder denkst du das gaborik von allein SOVIEL kohle fordert....??? fetter abschluss fette beteiligung fuer den manager...da kann DER auch gerne mal ein jahr laenger auf den abschluss warten...nur soll er mal bedenken,das er NÄCHSTES jahr GARANTIERT(!!!!!) niemals soviel bekommen wird.Thema streik.

Bei den Frankfurt Lions soll es in der nächsten Saison der Deutschen Eishockeyliga (DEL) wieder aufwärts gehen. \"Wir wollen endlich wieder mal einen Playoff-Platz erobern und unter die besten acht Teams kommen\", sagte Clubeigner Gerd Schröder.

Probie Offline

NHL-Legende

14.10.2003 21:13
#4 RE:Gaborik und der Realitätsverlust...(ob es schon schmerzt ?) Antworten

• Wild negotiations: Gaborik switches agents
Associated Press

ST. PAUL -- Holdout winger Marian Gaborik said he has switched agents because he was not satisfied with how Allan Walsh has handled negotiations with the Minnesota Wild, according to a published report.

Gaborik, who has held out for more than 30 days, empowered Walsh's partner, David Schatia, to deal with the team, the St. Paul Pioneer Press reported in its Tuesday editions.

In an interview with the Slovakian news service SITA, Gaborik, 21, said he made the change to offer an olive branch to the Wild. Gaborik said he wanted to bring "new blood" to the bargaining table, and he expressed a willingness to be "flexible" in an effort to end the impasse.

"I wasn't satisfied with managing negotiations, and therefore I made arrangements regarding my representation," Gaborik said. "I didn't break up with Allan Walsh. Walsh and Schatia are partners, and they did negotiations together. I wanted to bring new blood into negotiations."

Schatia and Walsh have worked as agents for the Beverly Hills Sports Council since 2002. Walsh is based in California, and Schatia maintains an office in Montreal. They have represented hockey players together for nine years.

Schatia occasionally has represented Gaborik's interests since the Wild drafted him in 2000. But Walsh has been Gaborik's primary agent. Walsh negotiated Gaborik's three-year rookie contract and has been his point man in dealing with the Wild and the media for the past three years.

Neither Schatia nor Walsh immediately returned telephone calls from The Associated Press seeking comment on Tuesday. Neither of the men spoke to the Pioneer Press, either.

Gaborik led the Wild with 65 regular season points last year and scored a team-high 30 goals. The Wild's second-leading goal scorer, left wing Pascal Dupuis, is also holding out for a better contract.

The story about the shake-up was reported by SITA and posted Monday on the Slovak Ice Hockey Federation's Web site. Slovak interpreter Jana Cupkova Holmes translated it for the Pioneer Press.

The story surfaced two days after Minnesota general manager Doug Risebrough broke his silence about negotiations and publicly outlined the team's best offer: three years at an average of $3.15 million a year in base salary, with the opportunity for Gaborik to earn an additional $1.75 million in performance bonuses.

Just before training camp opened, Walsh rejected the proposal and told the Wild that Gaborik would sit out the entire season and possibly beyond if he did not get a deal for at least $6.5 million a year.

The publicity apparently upset Gaborik, who has trained in his native Slovakia since August.

"For me, the most important game is hockey," Gaborik told SITA. "My decision about switching my representation is that I wanted to show the management of the Wild that my position is also flexible.

"I didn't like the article by the Minnesota papers and therefore mentioned a change happened. I was dissatisfied with the expression of the representatives of (the) Wild. I admit they must have some certain strategy in their club."

Wild assistant general manager Tom Lynn said he had not heard about Gaborik's decision. But he downplayed its significance as it relates to continuing negotiations.

"They're both from the same agency," Lynn said. "Schatia has acted for Allan in the past. To me, it isn't an issue."

espn

"Und das Wort Terrorist lässt sich noch flexibler verwenden als das Wort Kommunist."
Susan Sontag

UUUUUUIIIIIIII Offline

Häusle Bauer

14.10.2003 22:16
#5 RE:Gaborik und der Realitätsverlust...(ob es schon schmerzt ?) Antworten

In Antwort auf:
"I wasn't satisfied with managing negotiations, and therefore I made arrangements regarding my representation," Gaborik said. "I didn't break up with Allan Walsh. Walsh and Schatia are partners, and they did negotiations together. I wanted to bring new blood into negotiations."

so kann man es auch sagen.Tja.da kann man dann ja nur hoffen,ihn bald wieder in der NHL zu sehen...kann ich fast wetten,das er wehniger als 9 mio bekommt,bzw. haben will
Bei den Frankfurt Lions soll es in der nächsten Saison der Deutschen Eishockeyliga (DEL) wieder aufwärts gehen. \"Wir wollen endlich wieder mal einen Playoff-Platz erobern und unter die besten acht Teams kommen\", sagte Clubeigner Gerd Schröder.

Baphomet Offline

männliches Tratschweib
DEL, NHL & Intern. Mod

14.10.2003 22:18
#6 RE:Gaborik und der Realitätsverlust...(ob es schon schmerzt ?) Antworten

ihr seht das falsch

die spieler müssen so viel verlangen, sonst verdienen die doch nix

wenn die alle ihre anwälte und agenten bezahlt haben die das hohe gehalt ausgehandelt haben bleibt sicherlich nur noch ein kümmerlicher rest

Atenio

Bapho!

"Autorität setzt zwingend Freiheit voraus, die sie anerkennt oder leugnet; Freiheit wiederum das Wort im politischen Sinne genommen, setzt ebenfalls Autorität voraus, die mit ihr verhandelt, sie zügelt oder duldet. Entfernt eine von beiden - und die andere hat keinen Sinn mehr: Die Autorität ist ohne eine Freiheit, die diskutiert, Widerstand leistet oder sich unterwirft, nur ein leeres Wort; die Freiheit ist ohne eine Autorität, die ihr ein Gegengewicht bietet, ein Un-Sinn."

UUUUUUIIIIIIII Offline

Häusle Bauer

14.10.2003 22:21
#7 RE:Gaborik und der Realitätsverlust...(ob es schon schmerzt ?) Antworten

nein du siehst das falsch
dem agent ist furzegal was sein klient bekommt....hauptsache es ist sauviel...den er bekommt wahrscheinlich 40 % davon

Sprung  

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz