Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 7 Antworten
und wurde 455 mal aufgerufen
 NHL & Minor Leagues
trevor27 Offline

NHL-Legende

29.07.2003 18:44
Die alten Herren hängen noch ein Jahr dran!!! Antworten

Nachdem Steve Yzerman für sein 21. und wahrscheinlich letztes Jahr verlängert hat, hat nun auch MarioLemieux nachgezogen! Le Magnifique verlängerte in Pittsburgh um eine weitere Saison. Er fühle sich 100% fit und wolle noch ein Jahr machen, erklärte der 37jährige!

Voraussichtlich wird die nächste Saison die letzte Saison einiger der alten Stars. Chelios, Larionov (bei dem es sowieso fraglich ist, ob er diese Saison noch spielt) über 40 Jahre alt, Hull, Belfour, Gilmour, Messier und einige andere sind knapp 40. Da voraussichtlich in der Saison 2004/2005 gestreikt wird, ist es fraglich, ob die Altstars nach einem Streik nochmal auf NHL-Eis zurückkehren. Es sieht nach einem großen Umbruch in der NHL aus.

"Eishockey ist doch ganz einfach, man muss sich nur den Puck schnappen und ins Tor schießen." (Brian Sutter, Head-Coach und Ex-Spieler der Chicago Blackhawks)

UruguayischePampabauern

Probie Offline

NHL-Legende

29.07.2003 18:53
#2 RE:Die alten Herren hängen noch ein Jahr dran!!! Antworten

In Antwort auf:
MarioLemieux nachgezogen! Le Magnifique verlängerte in Pittsburgh um eine weitere Saison.

Quelle ?

Laut ESPN ist noch nichts unterschrieben. Sieht zwar sehr gut aus, aber die Entscheidung will Super Mario diesen Mittwoch erst bekanntgeben...

---------------------------------

Super Mario to make official announcement this week
ESPN.com news services

Super Mario didn't flat-out say he was going to return, but he dropped plenty of hints that suggest an official announcement is just a formality.

According to published reports in Pittsburgh, Mario Lemieux will announce as soon as Wednesday that he plans on returning to the Penguins for a 16th NHL season.

"If I feel 100 percent physically and mentally, I'd love to play," Lemieux said at a Penguins alumni golf outing yesterday in Oglebay in Wheeling, W. Va.

When asked if he felt that way, Lemieux responded: "Yeah, absolutely. After a couple of months of rest, it's a chance to recharge the battery. I feel pretty good."

Lemieux, who turns 38 five days before the Penguins' Oct. 10 season opener, said he has had no problems with his back this summer, even though he has intensified his offseason training program, which began six weeks ago. According to the reports, he plans on hitting the ice by the third week of August.

Lemieux, who came out of retirement in December 2000, had been contemplating whether to again call it quits, but he seems more ready to prove he can still be one of the league's top players.

"(Workouts are) a lot tougher," Super Mario told the media Monday. "Once you get up to 37, 38 years old, it's a different regimen. You have to work a lot harder at it. But it's something that I enjoy doing now, more than earlier in my career. I feel it's important to work out year-round if you want to be one of the top players in the league."

Lemieux hinted strongly at the end of the season in April that he wouldn't play again as the Penguins rebuild with younger players. But Pens goaltender Johan Hedberg hinted last month that he thought Lemieux would return.

"Everything Mario said seemed to point to that he will play next season," Hedberg told the Swedish newspaper Aftonbladet in late June. "We talked about next season. The way I understood it, he will play one more season. It'll be really fun if he makes that choice. Then, we get a superstar who can win any given game."

Team officials have said the longer Lemieux waits to make a decision, the more optimistic they are that Lemieux will keep playing.

Lemieux is the all-time NHL leader in points per game and also serves as the Penguins' owner. Staying in the lineup also might improve Lemieux's chances of landing a new arena deal for the Penguins, who are trying to line up financing for a building to replace 42-year-old Mellon Arena.

Lemieux's return also would be a plus for new coach Eddie Olczyk, who has no coaching experience at any organized level of hockey.

espn

Return to Hockeytown

Patriotism is a pernicious, psychopathic form of idiocy.
-George Bernard Shaw-

trevor27 Offline

NHL-Legende

30.07.2003 00:58
#3 RE:Die alten Herren hängen noch ein Jahr dran!!! Antworten

Quelle ist der heutige Videotext auf DSF Seite 139. Dén Text habe ich aber selbst zusammengeschustert.

"Eishockey ist doch ganz einfach, man muss sich nur den Puck schnappen und ins Tor schießen." (Brian Sutter, Head-Coach und Ex-Spieler der Chicago Blackhawks)

UruguayischePampabauern

trevor27 Offline

NHL-Legende

30.07.2003 01:04
#4 RE:Die alten Herren hängen noch ein Jahr dran!!! Antworten

@Probie
War gerade auf nhl.com, da steht noch nix!? Würde mich mal interessieren wo der dsf-text seine News so her hat? Also schaun mer mal, aber ich denk schon das Le Magnifique diese Woche bekannt gibt, das er weiter spielt.

UruguayischePampabauern

bigfoot49 Offline

Titel gesucht
Co-Admin

30.07.2003 07:30
#5 RE:Die alten Herren hängen noch ein Jahr dran!!! Antworten

DSF halt

Probie Offline

NHL-Legende

30.07.2003 11:58
#6 RE:Die alten Herren hängen noch ein Jahr dran!!! Antworten

In Antwort auf:
DSF halt

...die geballte Eishockey-Kompetenz...

Return to Hockeytown

-George Bernard Shaw-

Probie Offline

NHL-Legende

31.07.2003 19:28
#7 RE:Die alten Herren hängen noch ein Jahr dran!!! Antworten

Now, it's official...

Mario: Back Again
Super Mario open to being mentor for young team
Associated Press

PITTSBURGH -- Mario Lemieux will return for at least one more season with the Pittsburgh Penguins, who have fallen on hard times since his surprise comeback 2½ years ago.

In announcing his return Thursday, Lemieux said he's in much better shape and is 12 pounds lighter than last year -- and he didn't rule out playing beyond the upcoming season.

"I retired before for 3½ years, and I know how much I missed it,'' the Hall of Famer said. "As long as I feel good physically and mentally, I want to play.''

Lemieux, the sixth-leading scorer in NHL history, had seemed set to retire again after the Penguins traded most of their veterans late last season and launched their most ambitious overhaul since Lemieux was drafted 19 years ago.

But a few months away from the game and a summer free of health problems appear to have re-energized the Penguins' owner-player. Now, he's embracing the idea of leading a team filled with little-known players.

"I don't know about competing for the (Stanley) Cup. That's a different level,'' Lemieux said. "But we're going to go out there every night competing to win. Our goal should be to make the playoffs.''

Lemieux dropped a strong hint he'd be back for another season at the team's annual golf outing this week when he said he felt better after a couple of months rest and that, if he felt well enough, he wanted to play.

That was a turnaround from the words a weary Lemieux spoke in April when, his back hurting as the Penguins concluded a second consecutive terrible season, he all but said he wouldn't return.

However, Lemieux began working out six weeks ago and intends to resume his usual conditioning program next month. He never even thought of doing such programs during the summers he was retired from 1997-00.

"When you get up to 37, 38, it's a different regimen,'' said Lemieux, who turns 38 on Oct. 5. "You have to work hard at it. But it's something I enjoy doing now, more than earlier in my career.''

Lemieux has 682 goals, 1,010 assists and 1,692 points, but didn't score a goal in his final nine games last season, the longest such streak of his career.

He will now find himself playing for one of the league's worst teams. The Penguins have added no players of significance -- except for No. 1 draft pick Marc-Andre Fleury -- since finishing 29th among the 30 NHL teams last season.

Pittsburgh is adding two veteran free-agents, announcing Thursday the signing of Kelly Buchberger, who played in Phoenix last season, and Mike Eastwood, who was with Chicago.

The Penguins have won only 27 of their last 91 games, a stretch reminiscent of Lemieux's early days with them in 1984-85. One of the NHL's worst teams at the time, the Penguins built around Lemieux and ultimately won two Stanley Cups in 1991-92. They also made the playoffs each season from 1991 until 2001.

Because of the influx of young, inexperienced players they obtained during a succession of trades last season, the Penguins will have their fastest team in years. That could benefit Lemieux during odd-man rushes and create second-chance scoring opportunities for him.

The Penguins also can put a skilled top line of Lemieux, Martin Straka and Aleksey Morozov on the ice, which also may have influenced Lemieux's decision. Straka and Morozov were injured much of last season, so Lemieux ended the season with less-skilled linemates who often couldn't convert the scoring chances he set up.

Lemieux said he wasn't returning this season to stage a farewell tour, or pile up statistics. "It's going to be about winning games,'' he said.

A return by Lemieux would be a significant boost to the Penguins at the box office. Without Lemieux, their marketing campaign would be built around inexperienced coach Eddie Olczyk and the cast of inexperienced players, not a promising proposition at a time when many pro teams are scrambling to sell tickets.

"I'm a better coach than I was a half-hour ago,'' Olczyk said Thursday. "We're a lot better team now.''

By maintaining his visibility as a player, Lemieux could boost the Penguins' efforts to land an arena financing deal. The Penguins are working with state officials to free up partial funding for a $280 million arena across the street from 42-year-old Mellon Arena, the NHL's oldest venue.
ESPN

Return to Hockeytown

-George Bernard Shaw-

Cornholio Offline

Schnulzenkönig

07.08.2003 13:43
#8 RE:Die alten Herren hängen noch ein Jahr dran!!! Antworten

All Hail to the DSF-Text
-----------------
Addicted to Bernd das Brot !!!
Ich bin 2. offizieller Bienchen-Fan * Member of the official Lions-Board's-BLIND GUARDIAN-Circle
"... Wings forward Darren McCarty used his fists to extract revenge from a turtling Lemieux ..."
* Brausestäbchen * Schmetterlinge * Wackelpudding * Insider #14

Sprung  

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz