Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 38 Antworten
und wurde 1.577 mal aufgerufen
 geschlossene Threads
Seiten 1 | 2 | 3
Wes Walz Offline

NHL-PO-TS-König03

15.05.2003 15:04
New York Rangers Thread geschlossen

BURE TO RETIRE?

UTRO.RU: reports the following: "According to a very close Bure's friend, Anzori Aksntyev, Bure will retire in a next few days, and will become a Deputy Foreign Minister of Russia. All of this was kept in very tight circle. Nobody knew about it.
However, neither the Pavel's mother nor the Foreign Ministry could comment on this. Bure will retire due to the five surgeries on a knee, and the fact that he was playing the last few games despite a very sharp pain."

Spector's Note: My thanks to Eric Goldstein and "Dave" for sending this in. Eric also forewarns that this Russian newspaper is also "notorious" for being like the National Enquirer. This could bear watching in the coming days...

Minnesota Wild vs Colorado Avalanche 4:3 (4:2/2:3/0:3/1:3/3:2/3:2/3:2)
Minnesota Wild vs Vancouver Canucks 4:3 (3:4/3:2/2:3/2:3/7:2/5:1/4:2)
Minnesota Wild vs Anaheim Mighty Ducks 0:2 (0:1/0:2)

Wild Goons - Fantasy Hockey League Champion 2002/2003

Wes Walz Offline

NHL-PO-TS-König03

21.05.2003 23:57
#2 RE:New York Rangers Thread geschlossen

NO LONG-TERM DEAL FOR KOVALEV?

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS: John Dellapina reports the NY Rangers aren't interested in offering a long-term contract to winger Alexei Kovalev, who's a Group II free agent this summer with arbitration rights. Kovalev's agent, Scott Greenspun, confirmed his client likely won't get a long-term offer from the Blueshirts. Thus, it appears Kovalev will file for arbitration, which could give him a significant one-year raise over the $4.6 million he earned last season. Kovalev would then be eligible for unrestricted free agency next summer. With the Rangers trying to re-sign defenceman Brian Leetch before July 1, and the possibility of a lengthy labour war looming next year, the Rangers apparently want to avoid signing expensive, lengthy contracts of the type they handed out to Bobby Holik and Darius Kasparaitis last summer. Dellapina expects the Rangers to also "play hardball" with Group II free agents Tom Poti and Anson Carter.

Spector's Note: Dellapina also noted the Rangers are hoping to get a favourable deal from arbitration, as Kovalev's offensive output went south after he was acquired from the Penguins. Regardless, it could seed bad feelings toward the Rangers by Kovalev which could ensure he doesn't return after next season.

MINNESOTA WILD - WESTERN CONFERENCE FINALIST 2002/2003

Wes Walz Offline

NHL-PO-TS-König03

11.06.2003 18:40
#3 RE:New York Rangers Thread geschlossen

LINDROS TO REMAIN A RANGER.

NEW YORK POST: Larry Brooks reports forward Eric Lindros has exercised his option year in his contract and the Rangers won't try to buy him out as Brooks previously suggested. It's possible the Rangers may try to restructure Lindros' salary for next season. "The Big E" makes a base of $3.3 million with bonuses up to six million if he can avoid being injured. Brooks also dismissed rumours of a "Lindros-for-Jaromir Jagr" trade with Washingston as "ludicrous", pointing out that even the Rangers cannot afford Jagr's huge contract, particularly with a possible labour war between the league and the NHLPA set for next September.

Spector's Note: A rumour must be ludicrous if even Larry Brooks dismisses it! Anyway, no surprise here. As much as Lindros' stock has fallen in recent years, his absence would leave a significant gap in the Rangers forward lines. With only one year left on his contract, there's no real harm in keeping him around.

MINNESOTA WILD - WESTERN CONFERENCE FINALIST 2002/2003
Lions Forum Playoff Tippspiel Champion 2003

LB9 Offline

Harry Potter

24.06.2003 14:29
#4 RE:New York Rangers Thread geschlossen

JAGR OFFERED TO ANAHEIM?

NEW YORK POST: Larry Brooks reports the Washington Capitals offered Jaromir Jagr to the Anaheim Mighty Ducks in exchange for a ninth round pick.

Spector's Note: Brooks is obviously tossing sarcasm at his fellow reporters from the Washington Post and New York Daily News, who have reported for several days that Jagr might soon be dealt to the Rangers.

LOOOL

Gruss
Alper

bigfoot49 Offline

Titel gesucht
Co-Admin

27.06.2003 08:03
#5 RE:New York Rangers Thread geschlossen

Thursday, June 26

Job was never formally offered to Robinson

Associated Press

NEWARK, N.J. -- Former New Jersey Devils coach Larry Robinson took himself out of the running for the New York Rangers' head coaching job.

Robinson spoke with Rangers general manager Glen Sather on Thursday morning and told him of his decision. Robinson said the job was never formally offered.

I just didn't feel comfortable going there ... If I couldn't turn these guys around, it would bother me. When you look at who they've got and what they've got, you wonder why they're not winning more. ”
— Larry Robinson

"I didn't think I could change my personality, and I didn't know if my personality suited what they had,'' Robinson said. "I was looking forward to the challenge, but I didn't have that real excitement when I thought about taking this job.''

Sather took over behind the Rangers bench last season after firing Bryan Trottier. The Rangers went 11-10-4-3 with the GM doubling as coach. Sather said Thursday that he would retain the coaching job if he determines he is the best person to do it.

"It's a process,'' Sather said. "It's one less guy. Larry is not the only guy. There are other guys I've been speaking to.''

Robinson, a Hall of Fame defenseman who has two years remaining on his contract with New Jersey, was an assistant coach on the Devils team that won the Stanley Cup in 1995, then coached the Los Angeles Kings for four seasons.

He returned to take over the Devils for the final eight games of the 1999-2000 season and led the team to the Stanley Cup. He coached the Devils for one more season and then was replaced by Kevin Constantine in 2002. He returned to the team as an assistant coach and later became a consultant.

Robinson said he's interested in coaching in the NHL, but would prefer a younger team rather than a team composed mainly of veterans, like the Rangers.

"I just didn't feel comfortable going there,'' Robinson said. "I enjoy teaching. I don't know if you can always teach old dogs new tricks. It was more of a gut feeling than anything else.

"I'm an emotional person, and I take everything to heart. If I couldn't turn these guys around, it would bother me. When you look at who they've got and what they've got, you wonder why they're not winning more.''

ESPN.com

LB9 Offline

Harry Potter

01.07.2003 15:12
#6 RE:New York Rangers Thread geschlossen

WILL THE RANGERS TAKE THE PLUNGE?

NEW YORK POST: Larry Brooks reports two sources claiming Rangers GM Glen Sather has contacted the Detroit Red Wings regarding the availability of Curtis Joseph, meaning the Rangers could get solid returns by shopping the more affordable Mike Dunham to teams like Vancouver, Boston or Philadelphia who are seeking goaltenders. Brooks claims being told Dallas Stars GM Doug Armstrong has been ordered to cut his payroll by $15 million US, which could make forward Jere Lehtinen available.

Spector's Note: The Canucks steadfastly maintain Dan Cloutier is their man, and when Brian Burke stands by a player, his word is gold. The Flyers are believed planning on signing Jeff Hackett, so rule them out. That could leave the Bruins, but really, why should the Rangers trade for Joseph? Dunham, playing for an inferior Rangers team, posted a .924 SP and a 2.29 GAA last season, while Cujo, playing for the defending Cup champions, posted a .912 SP and a 2.49 GAA. Best to stick with Dunham, who's more affordable and loves playing in New York, than to deal for an over-rated, overpaid Joseph who probably won't be a happy camper if the Wings do trade him. As for the Stars rumour, they've repeatedly denied "reports" of slashing their payroll, claiming their intent is to remain with $66 million US. As for Lehtinen being available, let's just say that Mr. Brooks is engaging in more of his wishful thinking. Yeah, I know I didn't believe the Stars were shopping Bill Guerin or would lose Derian Hatcher, but let's be realistic here. Lehtinen isn't carrying the type of whopping salary that would burden the Stars when the current CBA expires, and with Hatcher now gone, the Stars don't have to go to extreme measures to free up room in their payroll to re-sign him

die sind scheiss wie n stück brot, joseph fürn dunham holen

Gruss
Alper

Baphomet Offline

männliches Tratschweib
DEL, NHL & Intern. Mod

02.07.2003 12:09
#7 RE:New York Rangers Thread geschlossen

Atenio

Bapho!

Probie Offline

NHL-Legende

02.07.2003 13:54
#8 RE:New York Rangers Thread geschlossen

*gröööööhl*

Patriotism is a pernicious, psychopathic form of idiocy.
-George Bernard Shaw-

LB9 Offline

Harry Potter

03.07.2003 14:00
#9 RE:New York Rangers Thread geschlossen

SATHER DENIES LINDROS, CUJO RUMOURS.

NEWSDAY: Arthur Staple reports NY Rangers GM Glen Sather denied reports out of Canada yesterday claiming he was going to put forward Eric Lindros on waivers, then buy out his contract when Lindros cleared waiver. He called the reports "incorrect. Sather also addressed speculation he might attempt to trade for Curtis Joseph, saying he was happy with the goaltending he already has (Mike Dunham, newly-acquired Jussi Markkanen and youngster Dan Blackburn). Speculation had the Rangers obtaining Cujo from Detroit straight up for Eric Lindros, then dealing Dunham and possibly defenceman Tom Poti to the Boston Bruins for winger Sergei Samsonov and defenceman Nick Boynton. Sather did admit to contacting the agents for Sergei Fedorov, Greg de Vries and Derian Hatcher to find out what type of deal each one is seeking.

NEW YORK POST: Larry Brooks reports Sather may attempt to use Eric Lindros as a bargaining chip to land Curtis Joseph, citing "well-placed sources" as claiming the Wings were interested in Lindros, but don't wish to pay him more than $3.5 million next season. Meanwhile, Brooks reports Sather's "primary target" in this year's UFA market is former Oilers forward Todd Marchant and may also have interest in defencemen Sean Brown and Ken Klee.

Gruss
Alper

bigfoot49 Offline

Titel gesucht
Co-Admin

03.07.2003 21:41
#10 RE:New York Rangers Thread geschlossen

Rangers dismiss Marchant offer

TSN.ca Staff

7/3/2003

The New York Rangers appear to be out of the Todd Marchant free agent sweepstakes.

New York Newsday quotes NHL sources who say Marchant asked the Rangers for a six year deal worth $24-million. He earned $1.54-million last season with the Edmonton Oilers.

The Rangers quickly dismissed the offer and Marchant has now turned his sights on Columbus. He visited the city on Tuesday with his family and a decision could come as early as Thursday.

The Sabres have also been mentioned as a possible suitor for Marchant, who is a Buffalo native.

Marchant was originally drafted by the Rangers in 1993 before being traded to the Oilers in exchange for Craig MacTavish in 1994.

He set career highs last season with 20 goals and 60 points in 77 games.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=46212

LB9 Offline

Harry Potter

05.07.2003 13:36
#11 RE:New York Rangers Thread geschlossen

THE LATEST ON JOSEPH.

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS: John Dellapina reported yesterday Rangers GM Glen Sather doesn't appear anxious to dump centre Eric Lindros, although Dellapina believes if Sather signed Sergei Fedorov it would spell the end of Lindros's days as a Ranger. Dellapina suggested Sather may be holding on to Lindros to offer up as trade bait to the Detroit Red Wings for Curtis Joseph. There was also a rumour that the St. Louis Blues might offer up Doug Weight and Chris Osgood for Joseph.

Spector's Note: My thanks to "Corey". Sather denies any interest in Joseph, and I agree with "Corey" that offering up Ozzy to the Wings makes no sense. They'll already have Hasek and Legace, and it was the Wings acquisition of the Dominator that was Osgood's ticket out of the Motor City in the first place.

Gruss
Alper

Doc Shaijtan Offline

Left Wing 5. Reihe

07.07.2003 08:36
#12 RE:New York Rangers Thread geschlossen

In Antwort auf:
There was also a rumour that the St. Louis Blues might offer up Doug Weight and Chris Osgood for Joseph.

Wäre okay ! Dann hätten wir nen neuen First Line Center und könnten Osgood gegen einen scorenden Wing tauschen...

If you can't beat em, at least beat'em up !
Norrie/Rich/Tasker/Verbeek/Lakos - Toledo Storm Fighting Brigade 2001

"We are team tough, and that includes our fans."- Toledo Storm GM Pat Pylypuik
"Toledo is nothing but a bunch of goons who would even mug the pope if he had skates on !" - Ein Dayton Bombers Fan

Uganda Propagandacrew

25.05.2003 - Back to where we belong to ! 6:3...live dabei !

Baphomet Offline

männliches Tratschweib
DEL, NHL & Intern. Mod

07.07.2003 23:12
#13 RE:New York Rangers Thread geschlossen

Rangers' Lyashenko found dead in Turkey

ISTANBUL, Turkey (AP) -- New York Rangers forward Roman Lyashenko was found dead in a hotel room while vacationing in Turkey.
The Rangers said Monday that the cause of death wasn't immediately known. However, Turkey's Anatolia news agency reported it was a suicide.
Yuri Koritskiy, a Russian consular official, said the 24-year-old hockey player had been with his mother and sister in Antalya, a southern Mediterranean resort province popular with Russian and other European tourists. He said Lyashenko died Saturday but would not provide any other details.
The Anatolia news agency said Lyashenko apparently hanged himself with his belt in his hotel room.
The consulate was making preparations to send the body back to Russia this week, Koritskiy said.
Lyashenko played regularly with the Dallas Stars his first two seasons in the NHL, then was traded to the New York Rangers late in the 2001-02 season. Last season, the forward played one game with New York, spending the year with Hartford for the American Hockey League, where he had 23 goals and 35 assists.
"Roman was a quality individual who had a positive impact on everyone he touched, both on and off the ice," said Glen Sather, the Rangers' president, general manager and coach.
In 138 NHL games, Lyashenko had 14 goals and nine assists. The Russian was selected by Dallas in the second round of the 1997 NHL entry draft.

http://www.nhl.com

Atenio

Bapho!

Mainpirat Offline

O.A.L. Member

08.07.2003 01:44
#14 RE:New York Rangers Thread geschlossen

Rangers-Stürmer Roman Lyashenko tot im Urlaub

Istanbul, 7. Juli Der russische Stürmer Roman Lyashenko wurde bereits am Samstag tot in einem Hotelzimmer in der Türkei aufgefunden. Der 24-jährige verbrachte im türkischen Antalya seinen Urlaub zusammen mit seiner Mutter und einer Schwester. Während die Todesursache bisher offiziell noch völlig unklar ist, vermeldet eine türkische Nachrichtenagentur, es habe sich um Selbstmord gehandelt. Lyashenko kam spät in der Saison 2001/02 durch einen Spielertausch von Dallas nach New York. Im letzten Jahr kam er auf 2 NHL-Spiele für die Rangers und verbrachte den größten Teil der Saison beim Farmteam in Hartford. Insgesamt absolvierte Lyashenko 139 Spiele für Dallas und New York in der NHL.
Ranger's Generalmanager Glen Sather zeigte sich schockiert: "Unsere ganze Organisation ist geschockt und tief traurig über den Tod von Roman Lyashenko. Roman war ein großartiger Mensch mit einer tollen Ausstrahlung." Auch die Dallas Stars brachten durch ihren Manager Doug Armstrong ihre Trauer zum Ausdruck: "Er war ein toller junger Mann. Wir hatten das Privileg, dass er drei Jahre in unserer Organisation spielte."

Rock on,
and on, and on...

John LeClair breaks down the left wing all alone, moves into the circle and cranks a wicked slap shot with zero hesitation. The baffled goaltender is left with no answers, just questions as the First Union Center's horn blazes and the crowd booms.

gooni Offline

Linksschützen-Fetischist

08.07.2003 11:03
#15 RE:New York Rangers Thread geschlossen

Lyashenko reportedly took his own life

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Associated Press

ISTANBUL, Turkey -- New York Rangers forward Roman Lyashenko was found dead in a hotel room while vacationing in Turkey.

The Rangers said Monday that the cause of death wasn't immediately known. However, Turkey's Anatolia news agency reported it was a suicide.

Yuri Koritskiy, a Russian consular official, said the 24-year-old hockey player had been with his mother and sister in Antalya, a southern Mediterranean resort province popular with Russian and other European tourists. He said Lyashenko died Saturday but would not provide any other details.

The Anatolia news agency said Lyashenko apparently hanged himself with his belt in his hotel room.

The consulate was making preparations to send the body back to Russia this week, Koritskiy said.

Lyashenko played regularly with the Dallas Stars his first two seasons in the NHL, then was traded to the New York Rangers late in the 2001-02 season. Last season, the forward played two games with New York, spending the year with Hartford for the American Hockey League, where he had 23 goals and 35 assists.

"Roman was a quality individual who had a positive impact on everyone he touched, both on and off the ice," said Glen Sather, the Rangers' president, general manager and coach.

In 139 NHL games, Lyashenko had 14 goals and nine assists. The Russian was selected by Dallas in the second round of the 1997 NHL entry draft.

"Roman was a quality young man who we were privileged to have in our organization for three years," Stars general manager Doug Armstrong said. "Our thoughts and our prayers are with the Lyashenko family as they deal with this tragedy."

Lyashenko had two assists in nine games at the 2002 world hockey championships, in which Russia captured the silver medal. He won a gold medal in 1999 and a silver medal the year before while playing for Russia in the world junior championships.

Gooni

Jody Shelley and Jordin Tootoo will be dominating the goons world soon

Uganda-Pastorenverein

Seiten 1 | 2 | 3
«« Dallas Stars
mp3? »»
 Sprung  

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz